Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HerculeHastings

HH's "Time of the Month" Thread

75 posts in this topic

Now i know it's quite embarrassing to publicise my periods, but i'm afraid i belong to the group of ladies who literally live like a zombie every month.

Generally i get PMS lasting 5 to 10 days, consisting of nausea, clammy hands, dizziness, fatigue and extreme mood swings. Then for that 1 special day i'll be spending my time vomiting and sleeping (preferably more of the latter and less of the former).

The reason i'm making this thread is cuz it happens for a week every month, which is kinda a long time. I usually try to post nonetheless. OOC posts are good but roleplaying is really difficult, or anything that's long and requires thinking at any rate.

That said, i do have some times when i feel better, so i try to get stuff done then. And i usually manage to look my usual self IRL. However, i'll probably be a little slower with my posts. I'm very sorry for that.

Also in the past when i said i was sick i often meant this. Just was embarrassed to say it. XD

Awww, take care of yourself, HH!

Being a woman sucks. :p

I'm so glad mine isn't that bad. I didn't know it could be that terrible. -hugs-

You're dead to me too

Naaaah, take your time.

*hugs* Inorite. Most people don't believe me till they literally see it. And even then some of them think my complaints and whining are just me exaggerating my maladies. Sheesh.

Also Wstie I wish I were dead too. >.> But I'll still continue to try to post and all, though they mayn't be as good as on usual days. ^^

Don't die on me, HH! Our roleplay has only just started! D;

Or, well, at least revive. But don't be ugly like Zombie Dayereth.

Have you considered any hormonal birth controls? I used them for heavy and terrible menstruations and they really worked wonders. I've since gone off the pills, but the effects were lasting. I've returned to 5-8 day menstruations, but I have zero PMS now and no heavy days. No nausea, no bloating, no sore breasts, no aching, no headaches :)

Oh wow. D: I'm so sorry, HH. That sounds terrible. I never even used to get cramps until about a three years ago. T_T Now I get back/cramps for the day before and the first day, then I'm fine. Though, my skin does break out for a good week before I start, as well as have super sore boobies. Seems so little to complain about compared to what you go through. I agree with Lindz. Maybe you should look into some birth control pills for hormone control. :(

Hmm, people have indeed suggested that. But I don't know, I really dislike eating medicine. >.< I already have painkillers for the first day (I used to take them with antacids too cuz they were highly acidic but then apparently clinics stopped selling antacids so I eat them on their own now LOL) and I just don't want to eat anything anymore. I know it sounds silly to avoid medication in favour of discomfort, but...

Another very important point is that my Dad would think something was up if I were eating birth control tablets, and I really don't want to spark something from this. ):

Anyway thanks so much for the concern, guys! (or rather, mostly girls. XD) I was just hoping to use this thread to post every month when I really can't post in roleplays, so it's like a recurring Farewell thread hahahaha.

I get you. I don't like taking medication for things either. At all. I'm lucky I even take stuff for headaches. But I think in this case, it's something you should check out. And really, you shouldn't give a flying fuck with your dad thinks if it's going to help you not feel like shit for three months out of the year. Think about that for a second. Three months a year you spend in terrible, awful pain. Pretty sure that's worth more than worrying about what you might be into (lol HH going to the red district--getting all the ladies).

But whatever you do, I'll come by and give you virtual hugs whenever you post here. XD

1 person likes this

ack! makes a valid point. I actually have an aversion to taking medication myself due to past "traumas" but when it comes to your father, he ca suck it up. It's not like you're planning on doing anything. *rolls eyes* BUT! I do feel sorry for you and of course we all totally understand. *virtual hugz* Stay Strong. Army Strong. =p

Stay Strong. Army Strong. =p

ARMSTRONG.

xvyIsc2.jpg

Er, I mean, you could totally strong-arm your dad on the matter. =d

You can't just explain that you have irregular periods and need the birth control for that? Its a common thing, I find it hard to believe he's not aware of such things.

Why would men be aware of such things?

If I started taking birth control, my dad would probably also think I was slutting around. Thankfully, I don't need it for either purpose. A painkiller is enough for me.

I realize we're talking about a different culture too, so I don't really know how well taught this stuff is over where you are, HH.

Yes certainly no judgement! I was just suggesting because I know it really worked for my heavy and miserable menstruations :) Also, (if not TMI) I use a menstrual cup and I also found this eliminated some of my PMS symptoms too. I'm not sure of the science behind this one though, but that might be something more natural that you could try? At any rate, feel better! Being a lady sucks :(

Because they have sex with women and deal with women on their periods? All the men I associate are aware of it, but yes I understand it is a different culture.

I know a lot of men who are aware of such things :x Well, if birth control isn't an option for you, HH, is there any other medicine you can take that would help? I know I have some that helps with all my symptoms(though mine aren't like yours) so maybe they have something that'll work for you?(now that I just asked I am sure you've already searched but figured I might suggest haha)

Well, y'all know a different breed of men than I do, I guess. Our sex ed only taught us it was a contraceptive. My parents never suggested otherwise.

Oh, when I was still in High School I'm sure most of the guys didn't even know what the girls were talking about when they said "birth control" but as we all grew up and relationships went from the cutsy crap to the reality of farting around each other the guys eventually learned.

Eh. I guess my friends didn't really talk about it, and none of them had sexual relationships that I'm aware of (though one was on them for irregular periods), so most of the guys I interacted with in college and whatever were oblivious, I think. Just depends on your social group, probably, and none of us really cared about sex and talking about gross stuff like menstruation.

I was always that gross kid at the table who had no problem talking about my period. I once had a teacher ask me what was wrong and I told HIM "I'm bleeding" it took him a second, but then he bust out laughing, while everyone else at the table groaned "ewww". Most of my friends are the gross weirdos that discuss masturbation techniques and if our SO is willing to earn his red wings.