Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HerculeHastings

HH's "Time of the Month" Thread

75 posts in this topic

Damn. I was hoping it was that kind.

NOTE: This thread is so far off topic now it's a crime! XD

Yes this isn't a discussion topic guys! XDDDDD

Also I'm Liking almost all the posts in here they're just so funny.

Seriously, with what I'm doing to my poor angel for him right now if he so much as uttered something remotely akin to jealousy I would have lectured him like a catholic school nun - AND NOT THE SEXY KIND!

Pfffft, don't tell us you don't like it.

You must ban me from threads if you don't want them to derail, HH. I'm entirely irreverent and go off on barely related tangents. :D

Lol. Your updates will be swamped by all the chat. :x

But really, exercise. Might help with the bloating, too. Idk though since I haven't really dealt with it--yeah fitness! :p

My mom also used to make me brown/red sugar water when my cramps were worse than they are now because I was a lazy bum? Hot water + a good amount of brown sugar. I've heard negative opinions on caffeine, so idk if your tea is exacerbating it.

Oh dear you may be right about the tea. D:

Oh i remember my Mum made me brown sugar too, with ginger or some such. I liked that. Wonder if i'll get to drink it this month. XD

So lay off the tea, maybe? xD

Oh, that's right, ginger. She tried to give me that originally, but I'm not a fan of ginger (or any spice/herb really since I might be a bit of a supertaster?) except as light flavoring. So I refused slices floating around in my water.

Make it yourself? ;D

Did you know a main ingredient in crampy pills is caffine though? :o

Idk, just from hearsay and my own experiences with intensified headaches, I avoid caffeine during my period. /shrug

I know coffee makes me really bad during PMS. Tea is actually fine. Caffeine's really weird!

I think tea has less caffeine than coffee on average? Could explain it.

TIL periods make coffee bad.

One more reason to hate periods!

1 person likes this

Are there different kinds of caffeine? o.o

No there isn't, but coffee contains different stuff from tea, and it could be any of those that is causing the problem.

Well TIL something i always suspected. Chocolate doesn't help at all. XD i felt even worse after eating it cuz my thirst went up by like 200%.

I exercise regularly and don't have periods at all.

Listen to the man, HH! :D

Black and green teas are not good if you are trying to avoid caffeine. Same with mates, they actually have more caffeine than black teas. D: However, herbals and rooibos naturally contain NO caffeine, at all. Herbal teas are also, in my opinion, much smoother and dynamic than black teas, but I'm pretentious about tea. I find citrus-y herbal teas help with cramping and bloating, when I rarely experience them. You should try herbal teas when you need to avoid caffeine, HH. :) 

Thanks for all the support! I believe my troubles for this month are over at last (just a little weary still). Sorry for the "painkiller high" last night on Skype. I had a bit of an emotional rollercoaster there. XD Hopefully my emotions and hormones will regulate gradually these few days.

1 person likes this

It's all right. We'll all support you I'm sure!

:) thank you. But yeah time to lie in bed all day legitly procrastinating on everything important.

What an interesting thread.

HH, I come to you bearing ice cream and the original Mighty Morphing Power Rangers movie, guaranteed to quell your uneasiness or your cramps and hormonal imbalance money back!