Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TriOctium

Shadows of Chandur [OPEN Mini-RP]

66 posts in this topic

Coward,  Takakazu thought as Gren hightailed it, leaving him to deal with the wolf. While calling beasts and spirits to one's aid was a common technique among magical practitioners in both the barbarians' lands and the Eastern Empire, it was a craven and irresponsible summoner who called a beast and failed to keep it on its leash. While Gren had clearly tamed the beast via mundane means, the basic principle remained the same. 

A mere beast, however, was no match for Takakazu's power -- or more precisely, that of his shikigami. The spirit, just one of the revered Eight Million Gods of the Eastern Empire, was invisible to those without aptitude for magic, but to Takakazu's eyes, it took the form of a translucent, steel-grey giant eight feet tall, all rippling muscles and barely suppressed rage. "ORA!" It roared as it surged forward with a gust of wind, slamming a knife-hand into the wolf's spine. There was a sickening, wet crack, and the wolf fell limply to the ground, its eyes glassy and its back bent at an impossible angle.

Takakazu then turned his attention to Gren -- but while he was still within sight, he was too far away to pursue. His spirit Hoshi no Tetsugami could possibly pursue the man, but it would leave Takakazu himself undefended, and keeping such a tenuous connection with a dangerous spirit was suicide. Pffft. No matter, The coward left his friend behind. He'll talk for sure.

"I'm sure even an uneducated barbarian like yourself would have some inkling of who I really am," Takakazu stated calmly. "Your 'friend' spoke of a boss before he left you at my mercy. You will tell me everything you know."

That was no threat, but a statement of fact. 

Marok had taken down one of the six visible threats, but it was clear that he had enough skill. Meis nodded to himself and placed one hand on the saya(sheath), the other on the tsuka(handle) of his katana, and placed himself close to Aria. "I'll try to protect you, so don't fear. I'm going to use some power now," he said and Aria felt the knot in her chest ease up. 

With a deep breath, Meis's eyes shifted from their usual dull blue to a lucid red. Suddenly, the world around him was no longer the blackness it was, but everything was keenly defined. All at once the wolves jumped at the fighters, a group tactic they used on prey. Meis stepped low and his blade zipped out of its saya in a blur and ripped through the open jaw of one foe, instantly killing it. Two.

Two came forth to challenge him from the surrounding forest, which had suddenly come to life a stirred as if surrounding the four.

She tossed her hood up as she watched the many individuals go into the inn she called home to take up the job offer. Hmph. She shook her head but stayed well-disguised among the crowd outside going about their lifeless lives as the job takers left to attempt to kill a simple nuisance. They are so worried about a few dogs while there are far better things to focus on, better lives to fight for. Ridiculous. Everyone takes this prison life so lightly. And all I can do is go right along with them! Sickening. With all these thoughts going through her mind, the only thing to leave her mouth was a soft sigh.

She walked into the inn long after the others had left, going straight to her room quietly and calmly. As she unlocked her door, she walked inside. Without warning, she spun quickly and slammed her door shut, releasing her hidden rage in that one movement before returning to her calmer state of mind. Going over to her bed, she lied down and let her hood fall back, revealing her rich golden hair. Crossing her hands behind her head, she stared up at the ceiling for hours before finally closing her eyes to sleep.

[Day]

Mitch cowered on the floor in fear, his face to the ground as he whimpered, "Don't kill me, great wizard! I-I'll tell you everything! Just let me go! The boss - Vathrok, he stays in a cave not far from 'ere. I can bring you to him if you let me go! I promise!"

[Night]

The remaining four wolves hesitated for a moment when they saw two of their pack mates killed so easily, but they weren't about to drop the offensive. Two more circled around Meis, going for a pincer strike from his front and back, while the other two ran towards Marok, thinking of overwhelming him with their numbers.

Meanwhile...

Kote eyed the woman who had strode into her bar, casually cleaning the surface of the bar as she walked up the stairs to the rooms above. A moment later, a slam was heard. "Someone's on the rag today," he muttered to himself before turning to pour himself a drink.

Once Marok noticed the two wolves leaping towards him, he grinned. "Perfect Timing." He unsheathed his second dagger, and concentrated for a moment. The whole world seemed to slow down around him, as if he was the only one who could move normally. He leaped into the air towards the wolves, and threw his first dagger right into the wolf's eye socket. When he landed, he swiped up from under the second wolf, instantly slicing through most of it's vital organs. To anyone else, the whole occurrence appeared as though he was moving at speeds that seemed impossible, as though it were over in an instant. "Your turn Meis."

Meis's hybrid eyes followed the movements possessed by Marok, but even with his power it was still a blur of mass, metal, and the spray of warm blood that quickly poured onto the ground. Meis smiled and stared down the remaining wolf in front with one to his back, his blade poised for the right moment. One moment was all it took though. The wolves in front jumped at him, the one behind him leaped for Aria moments after. "Duck!" he called out and Aria dropped to the dark forest floor as Meis side stepped the attack, sheathing his blade in the same motion.

In the next movement, he performed Iaido and cut part way through the two wolves, the blade coming free with a sickening spray of blood. It was unnecessary, but a clean kill on his part, and Aria was safe, dodging blood spray. "Six," he spoke as he sheathed his blade slowly.

Lead me to his leader, as long as I let him go? I should take this opportunity to rid the world of a blight... But it could be a trap. Takakazu made a gesture in the air, and his Shikigami moved in a rush of wind, its hand snapping out with inhuman speed and clamping around Mitch's neck -- even though the bandit could not see the spirit, the imprints the shikigami's fingers made as they dug into his neck were obvious even to a magic-less barbarian. Evidently, the bandit felt it too, judging from the way he was whimpering and squirming -- however, the spirit's grip remained as solid and unmoving as a steel vice.

"I accept your offer," Takakazu said in a voice devoid of inflection. "Show me the way."

[Day]

"A-alright, I will," Mitch whimpered, slowly leading Takakazu through a rarely traversed route in the forest. After walking for quite a bit, they arrive at a small cave in a rocky wall, partially concealed by the foliage. The two of them enter into a dark cavern filled with the growling of caged beasts. Most of them are wolves like the one Takakazu fought a few moments earlier, but there are some larger animals in the shadows by the far wall. However, the cave is mostly deserted apart from the two of them.

"Sorry," he apologized timidly, "the boss isn't here at the moment... He'll be here at night, though! I've done what you want, now can you let me go?"

[Night]

The last of the wolves fall to Meis's blade, leaving the group in silence once more. Now that the fighting's calmed down, Aria notices that there are collars around the necks of each wolf, hidden underneath their fur. If anyone possesses knowledge in magic, they may attempt to inspect the collars for traces of magical energy. If not, the next option would be to head back to town to collect the reward for the wolves, and perhaps ask about the collars.

Aria stooped down to inspect one of the wolves who wasn't coated in blood, whispering something under her breath as she pet the fur gently. Her hand came upon something rough and when she looked closer it was apparent this one had a collar. "Meis. These wolves have collars. I think they were someone's pets or something like that," she said looking up to him through the darkness. 

Meis's eyes lost their lucid red and returned to their natural blue as she eased himself from the fight. "Anything to note about them?" he asked bluntly

Aria glanced around at the other two in the group, aware that she wasn't to use her abilities without permission or plausible reason. Meis crouched down beside her and took a look himself, patting her arm slightly to reassure her. While Aria secretly inspected for any traces of magic, her eyes glowing lucid red for a moment and it was quickly obvious that they weren't plain collars. Meis stood up and looked at the others there and said, "Whether of interest to you or not, these wolves were familiars of some type," he said as if he'd done the inspecting himself.

(not really sure where you wanted this to go Time, so here ya go. Also, who was it that dropped out?)

[Yup that's fine. It was Haus who dropped out temporarily.]

As Aria inspected the collars, she detected a faint trace of magical energy that pointed from the collars towards further into the woods. It would seem that these wolves were being remotely controlled by a person, and if the group followed the energy, they'd be able to track down this individual.

[if you choose to follow the trail, you will end up at the cave that Takakazu is at now.]

The cave Mitch had led Takakazu to certainly seemed like prime bandit scum real estate. The place seemed quiet enough -- it looked like the bandit scum had indeed kept his word. It was to be expected -- the poor man probably thought he was being assaulted by vengeful ghosts or some silly superstition like that. Tch, barbarians. Dead people hanging around instead of returning to the cycle of rebirth? Preposterous.

"Get out of my sight." Takakazu grumbled as he shooed the whimpering bandit away. When he had vanished from sight, he summoned Hoshi no Tetsugami again, gesturing behind a clump of foliage. In a flurry of motion, the spirit quickly excavated a deep hole, which Takakazu ducked into; then, it covered the makeshift hide with branches and leaves, hiding him from sight.

Then, he waited. Eventually, the leader would show up; hopefully, Takakazu would have the advantage of surprise then.

[This seems like lots of fun!]

The trees shifted slightly as the nighttime wind blew through. The moon shone brightly, stars littering the sky in random, yet immaculate patterns. Emmane was a mere spec in this great wide network of living things, the trees communicating with the soil, plants intertwining with insects, the wolves speaking to their big brother moon. All around her nature weaved and collapsed in on itself, yet there was a fracture to the ground and air now. Before, before it had been harmony, a harmonic breathing of the mother and father, now it was as if the darkness had overcome light, interrupting all balance.

As a wood elf, Emmane was as much interconnected with the earth as the sky was. She sensed and moved with each change and had, finally, began to adjust to the darkness of the land, moving into the new rhythm of things. She missed the old days... A little. Part of her enjoyed this darkness, found comfort in the chaos. She ran her fingers lightly around the blighted tree which barely held her weight. Something about it's damage intrigued her, enticed her.

She sensed the fight before it begun. The tension in the disordered harmony rose as the wolves hungered. They had been hungry, roaming closer and closer to the humans as the prey died off from the ever encroaching darkness. Emmane rose lightly on her feet, making sure to only choose the strongest parts of the tree to stand on. With a graceful leap, she landed on the next tree and continued so toward the action, melting into nature as if she were another leaf.

She arrived just as the action had begun. Instead of jumping in, she observed watching as the warriors fought with ease against their enemies. It pained her to watch the wolves quickly fall one by one, but not enough to prompt her into action. Perhaps it should have, but it didn't. Her father had always said her heart was made for darkness, it's what had caused him to cast her out from the clan when she was young. Maybe he was right. As their whimpers fell, Emmane watched as the group inspected their prey. After a short discussion in a language she didn't recognize, the group set off toward... Ahhhh, Vathrok. Well, perhaps they do not realize just who they are antagonizing.

With a light foot, Emmane followed silently behind them, making no more noise than a squirrel would as it climbed through the trees.

[Nik, does Emmane know of the bandit leader?]

[Night]

Darkness quickly fell upon the area as Takakazu waited for his prey to appear. Soon the lit torches within the cave became his main light source, but eventually he heard soft footsteps to his right. A towering figure emerged from the shrubbery, casting a confident gaze over the area as though he was searching for something. He was shirtless, and Takakazu could see numerous claw-shaped scars over his chiseled chest, with one particularly large one raked diagonally across. After surveying the area, the large figure moved into the cave, muttering something to the caged animals within that Takakazu couldn't quite hear.

[Assuming the day group follows the trail...]

At this point in time, Aria, Meis and Marok also arrived at the scene, but emerged from a different location and did not see Takakazu, who was hiding. They did notice the large man enter the cave, however. Emmane, who was following behind them, also would have witnessed the events. Haus had decided to return to town due to a sudden headache, and was no longer in the group.

All of a sudden, a large number of wolves converged upon the three of them (Aria, Meis and Marok), growling and baring their fangs as they stood in a semi-circle behind them. Due to Takakazu and Emmane's concealment, they were not noticed by the wolves. "Come in, come in!" boomed a voice from the cave, presumably the large man's. "Someone told me there would be guests tonight. Why don't you come into the light, so that I can have a good look at you?"

(yeah. I'm following. Couldn't post yesterday.)

Meis stepped forward with confidence as well as something of disinterest. Aria remained close to him, he face contorted into a worried frown. The comfort she found was in in that of Meis's hand resting gently on her shoulder. "I must apologize for the intrusion so late this night. I would also apologize for your pets, but we've already made our amends there," Meis said rather flatly. 

Aria nodded in response to this, feeling sorrow for the fallen life whether good or evil. 

At Meis's declaration, a humongous beast emerged from the cave, snarling at the duo with fangs bared. It was a full-grown tiger, with a harness and a saddle hitched onto its neck. Atop it, the bandit leader sat with a smug grin on his face, holding a long whip in one of his arms and a device in the other which crackled with electricity. "Well, it is good to see that at least some people still have manners," he said. "My name is Zaza, and these woods belong to me. Might you two be the the individuals who assaulted my men earlier this afternoon...?" He paused in thought, then continued. "No, he mentioned only one man, and neither of you seem to fit his description. No matter."

Zaza extended his arms. "The two of you seem to be reasonable individuals. Perhaps I can make a proposal to you." He gestured southwards, where the town of Nottingham lay. "My preparations for my assault have been completed. At the break of dawn tomorrow, my army of beasts will lay siege upon the town, killing every man, woman and child foolish enough not to evacuate after the warning I gave their mayor three days ago. We will take their weapons, their gold, and their homes. We will exact divine retribution upon them for their loyalty to Balthur's cause."

Upon noticing the blank looks on their faces, Zaza looked surprised. "You mean you didn't know? There is a cult of necromancers hidden within the town, using it as a base of operations to spread Balthur's influence. Or are you supporters of the dark wizard too?" He scrutinized Meis and Aria. "Take your stand now. Join us in the fight against the dark forces of this world, or be branded as a traitor to your own kind. Choose, or perish."

[Yes, she does. Emmane lives in the forest and is connected to nature so it would be natural for her to know the happenings :)]

Emmane squatted on the balls of her feet ready to leap like a panther and defend the humans from the village. Though they had slain wolves, those wolves were under the control of this band of bandits. Emmane hated them. They stole creatures and corrupted them with a human-imposed chaos, nothing of the natural order or chaos remained in these poor creatures. She watched as the wolves surrounded the men and girl, pulling a light, bone throwing knife from a leather pouch at her side. The man with the young girl spoke, but again Emmane didn't catch a word of it. She knew it was the language of the humans now, but still had no idea what was being said.

Suddenly a strange man on a tiger appeared and Emmane's blood boiled. The darkness in her soul sprung up as she watched the defeated tiger hang it's head and back under the weight of it's rider. In a moment, she imagined every way she could kill the man who sat on the creature. Knife or arrow to the throat, strangulation, a quick stab in the back; all these were possible. Her jaw clenched, her body went ridged as the rage of nature became her own. You are an elf, peaceful toward all two-legged creatures. She tried to remind herself, but could not. Elves were only meant to react in defense of themselves or someone else, never out of personal rage or aggression. But the darkness had always been stronger in her, nature had always had more rule over her then she did herself.

Somehow she managed to stay still as the cruel man spoke, she detected a mocking tone and gestures toward the village, but naught else. Is some calamity coming to the village? she wondered. It was a wonder she didn't know the man as she lived and breathed the forest. Perhaps Vathrok had hired him? But, if so, why? Emmane could guess it had something to do with the village.

She cast her eyes over to the bush where the other human was waiting to come onto the scene. Something is... Strange about that one. His aura is... Muddied. He was not a form of human she was familar with and something traveled with him, inside him, around him? Emmane wasn't sure. What she was sure of, however, was that she didn't trust him for a moment.

Large black wings carried the slender form through the air, tucking close to Zephyr's body as he dove through a cloud. The moonlight that had previously illuminated his body was hidden behind the cloud. He had been circling the gathering of people below for a moment. Emerald hues watching as they had a sort of standoff, but seeing the newcomer sitting atop what should have been a wild beast made up his mind.

He plummeted towards the group, his eyes locked onto the large man subverting his will into the saddled beast beneath him.

Thirty feet, time to line up perfectly. Twenty feet, extend right leg out to make contact. Ten feet, this better work...

"Let him goooo!!!" Zephyr screamed as his foot made contact with the man's head before flipping around and landing on the ground between the creature and the others, his wings folding up behind him as he glared at the man through dark brown hair.

Abruptly, a strange winged man dropped out of the sky, drop-kicking the bandit in the face with a strangely satisfying crack, and chaos erupted.

Takakazu burst from his hiding place, his Shikigami materializing behind him as he charged the mounted bandit. One of the wolves took notice, snarling and pouncing at him; without skipping a beat, the spirit hovering beside him swatted it away with its palm, sending the unfortunate beast flying into a tree. Then, with a gesture, he ordered his Shikigami forward to seize the bandit. The others in this confrontation seemed like a whole lot of impulsive hot-heads; he would rather not have any of them kill his only lead on the barbarian magic-users that had led him to the town to begin with.

Meis was taken aback by the sudden appearance of the winged man. Whether friend of foe, he had immediately caused more trouble than Meis had wanted and Meis already didn't like him. Impulsive and brutish. Tch, and now we have someone else jumping in too.

Meis took his stance again, only this time his blade remained sheathed. "Aria, stay close to me. You'll be safe," Meis said, and Aria replied with courage. 

Meis held his right hand forth and spoke the words: Astral Forge

A light suddenly burst forth, bathing everything in hues of red, violet, and black. He pushed power into the light and it resonated in response. Irritation. Anger. Determination. Power. Protection.

These feelings poured from his soul and into the light, which began to take form in turn, the power lacing and weaving to create the shape of a blade, like a seamstress, or a black smith of the gods. This took no longer than a few seconds, but when it was complete, the light vanished and in his hand was now a katana with a deep purple tinged blade, a lighter purple aura swirling from it's surface. "Enough of this madness!" Meis yelled and his body moved like water, the blade slashing the air around with bursts of purple and black hued energy surge with each slash.

The energy passed through the animals without leaving a scratch on them, but each one collapsed and soon the area grew silent. Meis glared in the direction of the other's who'd arrived unannounced. "I don't know who either of you are, or what you're here for, but I dearly hope you're not a foe and that you will let me extract information from that bandit," he said, his curse sword tipped in their direction.

Before Zaza could react, the sudden introduction of two new individuals to the scene had immediately thrown it into chaos. He didn't notice the invisible Shikigami flying at him from Takakazu's direction, but the attack was stopped nevertheless when the spirit collided with an invisible barrier around Zaza with a crackling noise. "Nice trick you have there, boy," he grunted at Takakazu, smirking as he held up the device in his arm. "But you won't be able to launch any sneak attacks on me as long as I have the Astral Shield."

It was hard to see under the dim moonlight, but the tiger that Zaza was riding on also had a collar around its neck. "Let him go?" Zaza questioned Zephyr in a mocking tone. "Why do you care so much for this simple beast? Can't you see that he will serve a much better cause fighting against the dark oppression of the wizard Balthur? The world is dying, surely even you can see that. If I did what you said and 'let him go', can't you see that this world's corruption would bring him an early death anyway?"

Rustling noises came from all about the group as armed bandits emerged from the shadows all around them, brandishing swords and axes menacingly with wicked grins. One of them blundered into Emmane, and while he was surprised, he recovered quickly as one of his arms shot out and grabbed her wrist. "No sudden movements, miss," he grunted, holding his knife to her neck.

"I have already extended my offer to you," Zaza continued, cracking his whip in the air. "Join me, or be considered a sympathizer of Balthur. You have five seconds to decide. Five. Four. Three..."

BOSS FIGHT: Head Bandit Zaza, Beast Tamer

Boss Fight Rules

• Unlike fighting normal enemies, you cannot auto-hit or auto-kill bosses. There will always be a way to hurt and/or kill them, but the game master will play out the battle accordingly. In your posts simply state how your character intends to attack the boss (if you are attacking at all).
  • You do not have to fight, even if the battle has started. You may attempt to convince the boss to stop fighting, or to join your side, or to come to a truce through persuasion, intimidation or bluffing.
  • If you do defeat a boss in combat, you may choose to kill him or knock him out with your last attack.

Special Abilities and Magic Items (Zaza)

• Astral Shield - An invisible, crackling forcefield that is generated with a device held in his hand. Significant force is required to break through the defense. However, the barrier has to be lowered before Zaza can make an attack.
  • Beast Tamer - All animals under Zaza's control obey him completely to the point of death.

Zephyr watched as a number of bandits appeared, swords and axes in hand as they encircled the group. He was shocked and irritated that the man had practically shrugged off his initial attack. He clenched his fist and stood upright as he shouted.

"I care because every animal inherantly has free will! Allegience should be given not forcefully taken!"

As Zaza continued speaking he backed away, emerald eyes locking onto the others. His teeth clenched as he saw a bandit snatching the girl by her wrist. He threw his hands up defensively and stepped to the center of the action.

"wait... Balthur has returned?!" Utter shock laced his words. Truth be told he had no clue who Balthur was, but was hoping to diffuse the situation long enough to figure out exactly what was going on.

The raving barbarian had some kind of trick up his sleeve -- from what Takakazu could tell, it was essentially a wall of spiritual force that could deter even his Shikigami. Perhaps a sustained barrage could wear the shield down, but it would leave himself open as long as he continued to strike, a terrible idea when surrounded by armed assailants. As the teachings went, running water could wear away even the sturdiest rock -- better to circumvent his defense than strike ineffectually against it.

There were more pressing priorities, however. The bandit's goons had taken a hostage; a typical barbarian act of cowardice. Have these thugs no honor?

If they were going to use underhanded methods, so be it. Such scum had forfeited their right to live, and his Shikigami would be all too happy to see to that; besides the leader, the other thugs had no defense against the violent spirit's attacks. It imperceptibly left his side, drifting over to the knife-wielding bandit. Then, it bent his knife hand backwards with a sickening crack, before ramming two invisible, steel-hard fingers through the bandit's eye sockets.

"There can be no negotiation with the likes of you," Takakazu stated coldly, jabbing a finger towards Zaza.

[Hope this is an okay place to jump in! :^0]

It was at this moment that the bandit known as Frank was feeling, as usual, rather overwhelmed. While his coworkers brandished the usual swords and axes, he had drawn the short straw yet again, and had been forced into the front of the surrounding circle wielding nothing but a measly dagger clutched so tightly his knuckles had gone white. For the fourth time that day, he found himself wishing that he were someone else, or at least, somewhere else. 

These feelings weren't because he was a coward, he absentmindedly told himself instead of focusing on the battle at hand. He'd admit he was a coward, but anyone would be scared in his circumstance, and he found himself worrying on whether or not he and his cohorts stood any chance against the intruders. He knew that his boss, Zaza, would be fine. Probably. Frank had always admired his leader, he thought that Zaza had great intentions, albeit not being the nicest guy around. But who could spare niceness when Balthur still terrorized the land? No, the beast tamer's actions made sense, which was at least what Frank told himself, even if he didn't quite believe it.  

The audible crunch of Xion's hand brought Frank back to reality, as well as gut wrenching fear. He had never liked that Xion. The other bandit had always made astronomically rude comments about the rune like scars on Frank's face, which was a particularly sensitive subject to the man.  

Frank had never liked being a bandit much either, but the guy had never been cut out for other work. What he wanted to get into was sorcery, but being a self proclaimed magician in training didn't seem to be a very profitable career choice. 

Gazing over the intruders with fearful eyes, Frank couldn't resist taking a hesitant step back, cautiously allowing some other, much more bloodthirsty bandits to take his place. He told himself that naturally he would still be prepared to attack, but how could Balthur be stopped if he just carelessly threw his life away? He willed himself to shrink up and be as unnoticeable as possible, trying his best to slink into the back of the group. 

[Yup it's fine, Gaea!]

First, Zaza looked at Zephyr with incredulity. "You do not know of Balthur the Nefarious? The immensely powerful dark wizard who has conquered the entirety of Chandur through the legions of his orc and dragon army? True, we may be at a rural region of Chandur, but even so... Where have you been for the last ten years, boy?" He barely paid any attention to Frank, the cowardly member of his squad who was slowly backing away from the fight. He'd deal with deserters and cowards after this mess has been cleared up.

Then he turned towards Takakazu with a cold glare. "A foolish choice," he commented. "Allow me to end your life before some necromancer corrupts your soul and lays claim to your strange abilities." As he finished his sentence, his tiger suddenly pounced towards Takakazu, moving with surprising speed even with the bandit riding above as it landed with a hard thud, charging straight at him. The trees before Zaza cracked and split in half as he passed through them, his Astral Shield forcefully pushing them back. "You thought you could get me to lower my guard by provoking me?" He roared. "I am no child in battle, boy!"

Meis, more or less forgotten now, could feel a headache starting to form at how impatient and childish everyone around him seemed to be. He pointed the Astral Blade in Emmane's direction and gestured for the elf to join him in the center of the bandits. Even if it was their center, it was safer than being among their ranks. "Well, it seems like negotiations have gotten quite sour. I really just wanted some information myself," Meis said to no one in particular. 

He looked around at the situation at hand. One elf, one brutish...winged man? An Asian man with strange power, himself, and Aria. On their side, Zaza, and a couple dozen bandits. Aria alone could handle it, but that wasn't going to happen. He sighed and held the cursed blade down by his side as he realized it wouldn't be right in this situation. The blade quickly lost its luster and began to disintegrate in dazzling colors of purple until nothing was left. "Eyes Aria," he said, then with little effort his eyes turned to a lucid red. 

Able to see clearly helped a lot in the low light. "So, do you want to fight, or would you rather let us go," Meis called out to see who would speak up.

(Sorry. Not really sure what to do atm)