Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TriOctium

Shadows of Chandur [OPEN Mini-RP]

66 posts in this topic

Zephyr stretched out his wings and with a single motion leapt into the air away from the charging beast and it's master. He hovered overhead, his emerald eyes watching the ensuing... Battle? Negotiation? The action below.

He couldn't tell exactly what was going on, who were the good guys, who were the bad? He shook his mind free from the polarized thoughts and made a dive for the girl who had been restrained. Dropping to his feet in front of the bandit that held her. Good or bad, taking a hostage was a cowards tactic...

"I'd let her go if I were you..." He unsheathed two daggers from their holster on his belt, pointing one of the sharp blades at the man. His eyes narrowing as he watched for his next move.

[ Well since everyone is in an epic boss fight it would be weird to just magically appear there so.. I think I will just have to have a good ole drink with kote here =P!]

Roselyn finally made it into the town of Nottingham. It was in all truth smaller then what she thought is was going to be. The town looked a bit depressive in her eyes but what would she know of a town she just came to? Roselyn was tired from the trip and she wondered if there was an inn nearby. Usually she would have loved to just camp out in the woods somewhere but she was feeling like getting a drink and decided to look for an inn. 

Roselyn was dressed in a dark cloak that hid most of her body and whatever else she was hiding. Her tail was uncomfortable in this cloak but she did not want people to think she was with one of Balthur's henchmen. She sighed softly remembering all to well of what had happened when Balthur came into power. The only thing Roselyn could not hide were her dragon like eyes. But this is why she kept her hood up over her head and hoping it would cover most of her forehead and parts of her eyes. But hiding herself like this put her in a slightly irritated mood as she was part of a noble race. 

While she was walking around in town she finally came to what looked like an inn. She looked up to read the sign and was happy that she was finally here. She then stepped inside and took a seat at the bar. She looked up at the barmaid and spoke to her softly. "I would like the hardest liquor you got here and whatever you have for food." she said as her stomach growled.  As a Dragonborn Roselyn had a huge appetite and knew that she was going to burn her money tonight. 

[Duuuuude, I totally forgot about this. My bad :x Since I dunno how much time has passed, I'll skillfully avoid the mention ;D]

Millia's boots tapped lightly as she descended the stairs, her mood the usual calm that encompassed her despite the many things that floated in her mind with purpose to anger her. Her golden curls bounced at each step until they finally fell evenly on her shoulders when she reached the ground level of the inn. She glanced about the room, analyzing her surroundings as she seemed to practice. None of the usuals turned to look at her, knowing this was something she always did, and she easily ignored the looks from the ones who did not know her. She had lived here too long.

With an empty sigh, she moved over to the bar and took a seat. It was unusually empty tonight but she was sure it had to do something with the guest sitting a couple seats away from her. Even Millia didn't sense much inviting about the stranger, but it wasn't enough to keep her away from her meal Kote was always so kind enough to make for her each evening, though he'd never admit it was out of kindness. With all the wolf problems, I'm sure a stray cat would make the people here antsy. Her soft muddy brown eyes found Kote behind the bar as she heard the stranger place her order for him. Millia simply got his attention with a lowered wave and smiled sweetly to him as she was right on schedule for her special sandwich.

She then turned to the newcomer, her face in a calm resting position, welcoming a conversation. "I haven't seen you about here before. Where are you from? And why are you here?" Though her words could be made to seem threatening enough, her tone made them seem defenseless and polite. It seemed only curiosity and the want for someone to talk to pushed her act to talk.

Using the torn bit of cloth he had stolen from the dead bandit’s body, Lumen finally cleaned the last stain of blood from the blade of his set of eight identical daggers. The blades were 8 inches of deadly steel and had strange symbols carved into the flat on both sides. He stood up from where he had been sitting and adjusted the leather straps that held two long swords on his back; over his steel cuirass. Then he checked the tightness of the leather straps that held his matching steel bracers in place on his lower arms. When he was satisfied with them, he raised his hand and the strange symbols on the daggers lit up before they rose into the air by an invisible force.

Lumen closed his hand into a fist quickly, and the eight blades spun through the air before sliding into their scabbards that were held at his waist by a thick leather belt. He smiled and started off in the direction the bandit had told him a small town was; it was by no means his destination, but it might do to get some food in him before moving north.

Half an hour later he arrived at the edge of the town and wrinkled his nose at the state of it. “I’ve seen better brothels.†He muttered before locating what was apparently an inn and pushing his way through the door. A quick survey of the room with his cold green eyes told him the people of this town were about as exciting as the town itself; with the exception of the pair at the bar. With a smile he strode over to it and took a seat, producing a gold coin with a practiced flourish.

“Your finest meal, Barman."

[Waiting for rippernik to reply before proceeding with the battle. If you guys want to proceed anyway, simply say so in an OOC post.]

The barmaid of the Waystone Inn perked up in surprise when Roselyn whispered in her ear, but she recovered from her surprise quickly and hurried into the back kitchen, re-appearing a few moments later with a jug of hard ale and a yellowed plate of bread. She placed both in front of Roselyn, curtsied, and hurried away as Kote looked over her with the same apathetic expression that he has had since the start of the evening. "Do excuse Chantelle," he said softly. "She hasn't been here long, but she's a quick learner."

Upon noticing that Millia had emerged from her room, Kote gestured to Chantelle, who brought out a sloppy sandwich that was leaning over to one side on another yellowed plate. She handed Millia her order, allowing the two ladies to engage in their conversation as she quickly backed off. 

Finally, Kote's line of sight turned to Lumen. "Haven't seen you around these parts," he muttered, eyeing the gold coin. "Are you a traveler? Not much gold passes by this town. Earlier today old Martha scammed an adventurer of four gold coins in exchange for three loaves of bread." Chantelle hurried out with a slab of roasted meat and some wine, placing them in front of Lumen before backing away politely.

Nodding his thanks to the barmaid, Lumen reached down and picked up the meat in his hands, ignoring the use of utensils. He took a large bite and placed it back on the plate, licking his lips with a satisfied look on his face. “That is some fine meat, I won’t ask from which animal it hails from but you've certainly made it worth a gold coin.†He followed it with a swig of wine, grimacing slightly at the taste. “Not quite so for the wine, but then again, I've had worse.â€

“Aye, you could call me a traveler. Others call me a mercenary, or a knight, or a murderer. All of these are adequate descriptors if not entirely accurate.† He took another bite of his meat and gestured at Kote. “But you can just call me Lumen.†He followed with another gulp of wine.  â€œI bumped into a couple of bandits on the way into town, have they got a base in town? Or are they out in the wilds?†Lumen had no real interest in the bandits, he was just wondering whether they would be a problem on his travels north.

Kote frowned when he heard Lumen mention the bandits he had found. "Those hooligans are still wandering around here?" He muttered under his breath. "I thought I took care of that problem a while ago..." Upon noticing that Lumen could hear him, Kote shrugged and answered, "Well, mercenaries and knights are welcome in this town, but not murderers. Do behave while you're here, or others will make you behave."

"In any case, the bandits used to be a problem until just a while ago. The last I heard, they were chased out of the vicinity, but perhaps they're back. You have my thanks if you've taken care of them for us."

Takakazu stared wide-eyed at the approaching bandit, helpless to do anything to stop him -- the man was far more agile than he had given him credit for, and in his haste to save the hostage, he'd overextended himself -- Hoshi no Tetsugami was too far away to return to his side in time, and there was no way he could outmaneuver the bandit. He'd hoped one of the others would join battle, but evidently they had chosen to do absolutely nothing to aid him, the barbarians. Evidently, he'd ended up sacrificing himself to save one of the barbarians -- not exactly how he'd intended to go out.

In any case, there was no escape for him. He faced the advancing bandit without flinching, locking gazes with the man who would strike him down. There is no dignity in dying like a fleeing rat. I shall show you barbarians how a true man meets his fate.

Then, the tiger barreled into Takakazu, ripping his throat out with a single powerful bite.

As his consciousness faded, the last thing Takakazu perceived was the link between him and his Shikigami snapping like a broken thread, and the howl of the suddenly-unbound spirit going berserk...

Then, darkness fell.

[My character's the archetypical squishy wizard, and would have died in a solid hit without his spirit to block for him. Since I'd overextended by letting my spirit leave me and no one attempted to assist against Zaza, I died. Whoops.]

[Poor Takakazu, no one went to help him :(]

“Ha.†Lumen exclaimed, wiping a greasy hand on his trousers. “You don’t have to worry about me ‘misbehaving’; I doubt I’ll be around that long.†He had heard Kote mutter about dealing with the bandits before and although the notion intrigued him, Kote being more than he seemed, he chose to ignore it for now. Lumen pushed the plate away from him, the meal completely consumed, and itched the overgrown stubble on his chin. “There was only three of them, so if they’re part of a bigger group, they are probably still around.†He downed the last of his wine and stood up.

“As somewhat dubious as it was, I’ll have another wine, if you don’t mind, but over there.†He gestured to a table over by the wall and made his way over to it. As he approached, he undid the two buckles that held his two swords to his back and pulled the single harness of his back; he wrapped the excess leather around the two blades and rested them on the table before slumping onto one of the seats with his back to the wall. His gaze settled a little bit to the left of the visitor in the cloak.

[Forest]

The death of Takakazu released his bound spirit in an explosive burst, causing Zaza's tiger to leap back in shock as the bandit leader quickly raised his Astral Shield once more. Enraged by the loss of its owner, the Hoshi no Tetsugami channeled all its rage at the individual who had killed Takakazu. It began to pound on the Astral Shield rapidly, loud thuds reverberating in the air as ripples began to become visible across the barrier's surface. Zaza slowly backed away, shocked at the spirit's sudden outburst, unsure as to what he could do to fight an ethereal opponent such as this.

Then, with a loud howl, the Tetsugami brought both fists down on the Astral Shield in a hammer blow, shattering the barrier like glass with a loud crack. With its energy spent, the unbound spirit abruptly left the area in a loud howl of wind, leaving the group standing in the clearing in silence.

(Sorry! I was waiting to see what you would do first before jumping into the fray. Would you like for me to devise a way to bring you back to life, or are you good?)

Meis covered his ears at the sound ringing around them before they were all left in silence. One of the group had been slain by the bandits and Meis could feel his blood beginning to boil. "It's bad enough that the demons swept through and demolished and conquered everything without a second thought. Necromancers or not, killing someone, slaughtering masses. It's wrong. To atone for his death, I shall grant you your's," Meis said into the silence. 

There was a moments pause, then he stream lined forward to where Zaza had his back to him. With grace, Meis released his blade in an arc for a powerful draw slash. Hit or miss, he would fight this man now.

[i'm dead as a door nail. Don't disrespect my glorious BUSHIDO SACRIFICE, I'll just come up with a new character.]

(I'll respect that. And In respect, Aria is totally going to pay her respects to the body after they bury it, since she is that way)

[[GUYS! So my internet went down forever, sorry you guys had to wait on me!]]

The moment Emmane realized she was trapped was a moment too late. She had been so enraptured in the proceedings of the battle that she had forgotten to watch her own back. Although she was more apart of the forest than these bandits, they lived and breathed it as well. They could be silent or brutish, depending on the situation. Emmane allowed herself to be held, waiting for the opportune moment to escape from her bonds. She sensed little threat to her life and was much more interested in the abilities of the fighters than the dagger at her throat. There seemed to be a whole range of physical and magical skills, some darker than others. As she continued to process the action, she noted that everyone had a tinge of something... Unique, some muddied some clear, but all unique. It made her uneasy; none of these beings were normal. 

Even as most of her brain was occupied determining the abilities of those around her, part was occupied on escape. She had to get out of here. These beings could handle the fight themselves and she would much rather return to the silence of the forest than to get wrapped up in the fray. Any moment the bandit would lower his guard just slightly and she'd have her opportunity...He was distracted... His arm was loosening slightly...

"I'd let her go if I were you..."

All the sudden the bandit's grip tightened again as the winged man threatened him. Emmane immediately felt rage funnel through her toward the man. She had nearly had her escape and, now, escape would be more difficult. She didn't understand what the man was doing or who he was threatening, his words not making any sense to her. The common language was such a brutish and abrupt language, very different from the wood elf dialect she spoke.

Before she could respond, the bandit loosened his grip in a spasm of fear. Quickly, she took the opportunity, disarming and disabling him quietly. The winged creature suddenly was gone again, racing off to another part of the battle. Flinging her head around to take in her surroundings, she realized a young man was enticing her help. With a bit of forbearance she responded, quickly and deftly making a path through the fray to his back. 

Drawing her eleven short swords she faced Zaza alongside this new ally who, after the man with the muddied aura fell, was making some sort of speech. Emmane wasn't sure how she ended up here or even what was going on, all she could see was this man atop a free creature with a dark and murderous aura. Besides, the chaos with in her was rising and nature was screaming for revenge.

As the man dove forward, Emmane tried to adapt as best she could to his fighting style, remembering the little she had seen of it before. As he went to one side, she moved low to the opposite, aiming a stab at Zaza's chest with her left blade.

[[sorry it's a bit rushed, but I wanted to get everything up to speed with what was going on]]

[everyone forgot that I actually attacked and killed Emmane's captor with my spirit. Takakazu died in vain~]

The door of the Waystone Inn shook as someone hammered at the door with unusual force. Then, the door slammed open and a strange person walked in.

Provided one could term Sanger a person, of course -- while the massive figure, tall enough that its head scraped against the ceiling, clad in worn, battered red plate armor seemingly fused to its musculature and carrying a huge greatsword on its back, might be generously termed as "humanoid", it certainly wasn't human.

[barkeep,] it boomed, [My Warforged brain demands beer.]

Still waiting for his second wine, Lumen’s gaze slid away from the cloaked figure when the door shook from a mighty strike on its outer side. When it crashed open, revealing the massive figure behind it, even Lumen had to admit he was impressed. He was a tall person, by normal standards, but this creature stood much taller. Looking at the battered armour and giant greatsword, Lumen couldn’t help but grasp his own swords and pull them to his side; more ready to draw then leaving them on the table.

When the creature spoke, Lumen thought his eardrums would burst under the pressure, even reaching up and inserting his little finger into one as if to clear out heavy wax. He knew it was probably a bad idea, but he couldn’t draw his gaze away from the new arrival, his dark green eyes watching him cautiously. The he decided to go a step further.

"You mind keeping the noise down there? I think I may have blown an eardrum."