TalonedHeels

[Discussion] The Vile Siren - Pirates!

76 posts in this topic

Maybe he is, we will have to find out.

@Ero, I'm not sure if I am upset or relieved...

Well, ya know... I mean... if you... do you have any idea... *stumbles over words* excuse me, I have to go prepare my character sheet, this rp just became much, much more interesting to me.

Good

EDIT: So I was curious, how historically accurate are is this RP gonna be

Edited by Raine Bell

So I'm just going to apologize in advance... I might have gone the SLIGHTEST bit overboard with the history... *coughcough*

Full Name: Andorial

Nickname: Andy(If you like your tongue in your mouth you won’t use this unless she likes you)

Position: First Mate

Personality:

She’s a bit reclusive with an air about her that makes her seem eerie. She doesn’t show a whole lot of kindness to anyone unless you’re in her ‘loop’ – most of the crew is not and thus they generally see her cold side. She is viewed as a brutal task master that has no mercy for failure and has no qualms about dishing out punishment. People within her ‘loop’ will see a very different side however.

Weapons:

Whip – As she generally punishes slacking crew members with it

Dagger – Because it’s always good to have something hidden

Scimitar – isn’t it sorta the pirate go-to weapon?

Pistol – as slow as it is, it’s still nice to have when you catch that scurvy bastard escaping

Skills:

Siren’s voice – don’t listen too closely

Shift – can change between legs or a tail

Appearance:

Black, wavy hair with a blue sheen to it, one blue eye and one gold eye, average height, curvy.

http://daekazu.deviantart.com/art/The-Cold-Mermaid-178684588

History:

Andorial was the eldest of two dozen sisters, a quarter of them died before five, the rest remained in the cove their mother resided in with her sisters and other distant family and friends. She grew up quite loved and well cared for, they were tucked away off the coast of a remote island with no humans about – they were safe. Only a few mermaids could shift between their tails and having a pair of legs, some believe their blood is more human, others believe they have great magic, others still believe it is something only the strongest of mermaids can do, but there is no proof of why or how this is done so it is all just speculation. It is a magical feat that Andorial happily took advantage of, exploring the island they lingered by, escaping her mother when she would get on her nerves, and occasionally just flaunting her capabilities over her sisters.

Of course like any growing girl Andorial wouldn’t be satisfied with ‘safe’ for long. The difference between her and her sisters was her courage, she wasn’t dissuaded with the horror stories of humans capturing them and putting them in glass boxes and so when she was old enough she left.

For years she would just explore the oceans, there was much to be seen that didn’t involve humans. She met other mermaids and befriended a wide variety of sea life. Eventually though she would be swayed by the strange sounds and lights at the coast. She had never heard such unpleasant noise being raised around beautiful singing voices, the crash of the oceans, and the occasional serenading whale. Curiosity bade her to investigate where she saw her first human. The vile ‘men’ her mother had spoken of, the creatures she had been taught to drown if ever in contact with, but there were women too. They all wore strange clothes, their voices were abrasive, nothing like her angelic voice designed to manipulate the weaker wills.

Andorial wouldn’t be brave enough on that day to speak to any of the humans or even let them see her, she was still haunted by the horrors of all the stories she’d been raised on. Still, the curiosity was strong and she found herself again and again seeking out the shore line, watching them go about their strange lives. Inevitably, one day she would be caught, and by the worst kind too! A male with missing teeth, and a smell so rank about him her nose shriveled up and she had to fight the immediate urge to vomit. He wasn’t particularly intelligent though and made one fatal move by diving for her into the water where Andorial latched onto his wrist and dragged him down into the depths, doing exactly as she’d been taught. He had no idea how to manage in the water, his flailing was slow, his strikes at her were near useless, he was no competition for her speed and agility, let alone the massive power behind her tail, one accidental bat from her tail left him disoriented and easily helped her finish the job. She didn’t even have to hold on to him, she dragged him down until he stood no chance of reaching the surface and as he struggled to swim up she viciously attacked him, slamming into him knocking out whatever air he had left, tugging on his ankles to steal away the precious feet he may have gained. It was all too quickly that he drowned and Andorial watched as his eyes grew void and he simply stopped struggling.

The experience was strange and left her rattled. Killing the human hadn’t been particularly upsetting, but the way he had responded when he’d seen her had greatly alarmed her. To think at one point she’d wanted to communicate with those vile things! She would not return to the shores for years to come.

She didn’t return home, instead she returned to one of the pods of mermaids she’d encountered on her travels that she’d been particularly fond of. They welcomed her with open arms, curious of her encounter. They were a nomadic group and would travel the seas, she preferred that. Rarely did they ever go to shore, but there would be that one time….

The female humans didn’t spend much time on the docks from what Andorial had observed so as this one came about perhaps Andorial wasn’t as quick as she could have been, wasn’t as alarmed and so the attack caught her by surprise. She had glared up through the net she’d been captured in at the female who merely grinned down at her, excited by her catch. They dragged her by her tail from the safety of the water, hundreds of ways of death raced through Andorial’s mind, of the horrors that would await her in the ‘glass boxes’ her mother had spoken of. As if her imagination wasn’t vivid enough the female had brought exactly that – a box of sorts that was completely glass, it was filled with water and she was swiftly sealed within.

Andorial was taken to a human settlement where the humans spoke about her but never to her, they looked at her like a specimen not as an intelligent being. Though Andorial tried she couldn’t break free, but she wouldn’t have too. Shortly after arriving at the settlement several of the men who had aided the female came into the room she’d been locked in, eyeing her with strange eyes she did not recognize. They opened her prison and reached in, grabbing at her and touching her strangely. She had experience with other mermaids but these males’ course hands were unpleasant as they fondled and caressed her and she quickly grew angry at their touch. Andorial bit and clawed at their arms until they retracted but she was angry now and out for blood. So when they tried to pull away she latched onto them and they tipped the glass box over spilling out the water and her.

Quick as a whip she snatched the dagger from his hip and plunged it into his throat. She was twisting around ready for the other’s attack when the door flung open and the initial woman showed up, with a malicious scowl she swiftly killed him with her blade. The woman wasn’t as moronic as the men and with a net she managed to pin Andorial and disarm her before maneuvering her heavy leathery tail into the cage, refilling it and locking her back inside.

Andorial would be moved into a new room with the woman. She learned her name was Veronica. Andorial didn’t care for Veronica. She looked at Andorial as if she was a prize, when her eyes lingered on her she swore she could see the gold coins swirling there. To Andorial’s dismay she quickly realized her fate depended on the whim of this woman and so far she hadn’t killed her and skinned her to make a trophy of her, hopefully she could prevent that.

Though up to this point Andorial hadn’t spoken a single word, hadn’t muttered a sound, she decided if she was going to get her freedom she was going to have to use more than violence and anger. So on one evening as Veronica settled down to go to bed Andorial spoke up.

Veronica expressed no interest in killing Andorial but neither did she seem ready to free her, as far as Andorial could gather she was Veronica’s personal prize. Andorial wouldn’t be discouraged though, she would spend the next several months luring Veronica with words laced from her voice, drawing her into a haze until one evening she actually let her out. Andorial didn’t kill her though, perhaps a little mesmerized by her own voice, or perhaps from the touch of soft hands that didn’t seek to harm her, but to pleasure her, regardless, violence was not on her mind.

Andorial wasn’t necessarily free after that, for she couldn’t imagine Veronica willingly letting her escape, but neither was she trapped within the glass box any longer. Veronica allowed her relative freedom but she always felt her eyes on her, watching her every movement, though she wasn’t sure what the human could do if she just dove into the water, Andorial found herself reluctant to do so.

Being on board the ship now instead of in a glass prison she began to learn the way things worked, the hierarchy on board, who the captain was. She couldn’t help but wonder how Veronica had kept her locked in her cabin, why hadn’t she been trapped with the captain? The captain was a creepy, older man who gazed at her with lusty eyes and Andorial found herself thankful that it had been Veronica she’d ended up seducing. Amusingly no one pieced together she was the mermaid, only Veronica had seen her shift from her tail to her legs and so they passed her by as if she were just another crew member. There were a few that looked at her with confused eyes, but even they would shrug it off. She supposed it wasn’t too surprising, only Veronica had seen her close up, most of the others had caught only fleeting glimpses of her through dirty glass while being screamed at from their captain to back off.

Over so many months Andorial had just become one of the crew, she rather enjoyed it, the work, the sense of achievement… the treasure. They were always out hunting a new bounty and while she hadn’t grown up with much in the way of material items, had never needed nor wanted such things, when the opportunity presented itself she found herself greedy to snatch up the precious jewels.

Andorial and Veronica found even ground, though they bickered often they spend their nights doing less angry activities. They fell into a system, being the only females on the ship they had each other’s back and a sort of comradery was born.  This would be tested too the limits when on one evening Veronica killed another crewmember, Andorial didn’t know why but she knew well enough that Veronica wouldn’t kill helping hands for no good reason. When the captain demanded punishment for Veronica Andorial intervened. Staging a rather convince accident to swipe the captain over board she then slipped into the water from the other side as all the crewmembers stared off the edge their captain had fallen off. Just as they were preparing to dive in and save their captain they were halted from the mermaid splashing, exposing her familiar tail to them before yanking the captain into the depths where she drowned him.

Andorial would return later that evening pulling herself into the porthole of Veronica’s cabin and gave her the captain’s hat she’d stolen from his corpse. With their captain gone and no designated first mate things were quickly getting wild, the ship could not function without a captain, the crew would do as they pleased, they would never get anything done, violence would go rampant and unpunished. As Veronica struggled to draw the crew in, Andorial saw a perfect opportunity to manipulate the weak to her will, and to make sure Veronica was very well aware of the fact that the only reason she was Captain was because of her.

A siren’s voice is only as powerful as she is wise, she can talk all day, dripping every word with honey, but if she can’t create a shred of doubt in them she’ll never be able to manipulate them. Andorial was an expert at manipulation though, she easily and swiftly broke into their wills and had them hanging off every word she said in mere minutes. The crew had become humble and obedient to the only two women on board. Occasionally they would wonder why they had a female for a Captain, but Andorial would quickly nip that in the bud.

Years passed, Andorial and Veronica created an impenetrable force and a fearful duo. The crew would change over time, some died, some left, some just got too old to keep up with the workload and they’d be left at port. They changed ships whenever they could ‘commandeer’ a better one. And now they stood together their sights on their next target. 

Damn, Sean, you beat me to it!

Also Ero, you only got a little bit excited with your history.

Isn't a scimitar more of an Arabian/Indian/Asian-ish blade?

I kinda only knew that because of Aladdin.

>.>

SEE?? Disney teaches you stuff!

I dunno, I googled some random site on pirate weaponry, they mentioned a scimitar and I was like OKAY I WANT DAT ONE! To be fair, they had cutlass too, but BOOORRRINNNNGG!!

Look, if you're trying to convince me to change it you're wasting your time. If Talon wants to go super historically accurate I'll change it(though it's a REALLY, REALLY bad idea for me to be in anything historically accurate) otherwise, it remains a scimitar. If you're trying to enlighten me to history, you're still wasting your time, I'm terrible at remembering things... I can't figure out how I got through school. 

Aren't toy pirate swords for children normally based on Scimitars for some reason?

On another note, say hello to my character. I'll point out that although my history is not as long as Ero's it is longer than I would normally have. But I thought 'Fook it' seeing as it is still tiny comparatively.

Name: Arthur J Cillington
Nickname: Art
Position: Lookout
Appearance: Arthur is a fraction over 6 feet tall with long limbs and defined muscles. His eyes are strikingly blue and his hair is black with red streaks running through it; it hangs to his jawline and he lets it hang free with the exception of four mini-plaits he ties into the right hand side and hangs a small silver bell from each. Arthur normally wears a wide-collared white shirt, undone down the front to show his bare chest and with the sleeves ripped off, tucked into loose fitting blue trousers which are in turn tucked into brown leather boots. A brown leather bandoleer hangs from his right shoulder and fastens to his leather belt at his left hip. This holds his Trident on his back as well as a number of throwing knives fastened along the front of the bandoleer and right side of his belt.
Personality: Perpetually cheerful, Arthur is a hard man to get upset. Not that he won’t give a person a smack if they need it. He likes to chat and make friends but he can just as often find a nice corner to sit and think in, keeping to himself.
Weapons: Arthur’s weapon of choice is a Trident. (See spoiler tag below for a more-or-less image of it using my amazing skills with MS Paint :D) It’s constructed out of steel, with the blade mounts and base cover painted gold, with the wooden shaft holding a steel core to strengthen it. The outer edges of the outside blades are sharpened to allow Arthur to slice as well as stab. The red star embedded in the centre is, however, a real jewel. From tip to base, it stands at a fraction over seven feet tall. Arthur also carries a number of throwing knives on his person.

LeTrident.png

Skills:
· Having practiced for the last 14 years, Arthur’s ability to wield his Trident is beyond brilliant; although he always claims he has not mastered it yet.
· Arthur’s ability in hand-to-hand combat is at an advanced level as well as he was taught how to defend himself if he was ever disarmed of his Trident.
· He is proficient at knife throwing as well, hitting his target nine times out of ten.
History: The Cillington family was probably one of the richest families in the world, their fortune was certainly unmatched by anyone they were associated with. When Arthur was born, his father was overjoyed that the firstborn was a son; it meant that Arthur would grow up to take over the family business. So as he grew up, he was taught in the ways of business, and pampered to his every need. Of course, he got bored of this very soon an at the age of ten, he ran away for the first time. It was a fairly short jaunt, lasting only 3 days, and it was during this time that he met the man that would become his Master in the arts of wielding a Trident.

The man called himself Porcelain and he looked like he was about as strong as it. Skinny and wrinkled, with a hunched back and funny knees. However, Porcelain soon proved to Arthur that he was more than he appeared. It came about that Porcelain had been part of a pirate crew but had decided to defect, leaving his Captain and crew to die. That crew was now in the area and Porcelain was hiding out as he didn’t want a conflict with these people. Arthur didn’t understand and asked why Porcelain didn’t simply beat the snot out of them. Porcelain said he was getting to old to be beating the snot out of anyone, so Arthur decided he would do it for him. If Porcelain trained him, Arthur would find these pirates and beat them up. Porcelain thought it was hilarious but agreed. So, Arthur started secretly training under Porcelain, sneaking off once a week to take a lesson.

Apparently he was a natural, having become skilled after 5 years. During this time, his parents had provided four younger sisters to him. Arthur loved them to bits and would normally get scolded for playing with them instead of learning from his father. It was at this time that Porcelain’s old crew found their town and raided it, killing and raping as pirates are want to do. Of course, this meant his family was a prime target, seeing as how they were stinking rich, but Arthur fought off the minions who attacked his home. After ensuring his family were safe, even if they were confused by his combat skill, he raced into the town to find Porcelain.

He found him holding the head of the Captain, and telling the remaining pirates to flee or die. They chose the second option and attacked and Arthur witnessed a spectacle he didn’t think his master was capable of; then he joined in. Not long later, the two of them had killed the remaining pirates. When Arthur returned to his house, Porcelain in tow, he found his mother’s body being cradled by his father. He immediately asked after his sisters and was glad when they ran out to grab him in a hug.

A week later, after everything had been cleaned up and repairs were being made, Arthur met with Porcelain and asked him whether he would accompany him on a mission. A mission to head into the world, find the worst examples of human beings and remove them. At first Porcelain refused, but Arthur persuaded him to come in order of Arthur to complete his training. Before he left, he met with his sisters in the dead of night, without his father, and explained to them what he was doing. Of course they didn’t completely understand, but Arthur continued anyway. He revealed a set of 8 small bells and gave one to each sister, explaining that he would hold onto the other four and they would be eternally linked. Then he put them to bed, met up with Porcelain, and ventured out into the world that night.

5 years later, well into their quest, Porcelain died in his sleep, leaving Arthur a note and a gift. The note expressed Porcelain’s gratitude for meeting Arthur and the gift was a Trident he had had made in one of the towns they had passed through. Arthur now travels alone in a small boat, kicking the crap out of people he thinks stain the world with their lives.

I put my name into a pirate name generator, because...well, why the fuck not? And my pirate name is:

Ella 'Jolly Roger' Manhire

"The Scourge of locker Haven!"

This pirate be wreaking havoc wherever they go!

Sounds rather apt.

Hmm, to use or not to use?

I'm really sorry about that history, I just got carried away. Normally my histories are itty bitty pitances not entire stories. :(

It's a good read, I don't see a problem with it.

@Pain, Sounds rather good. Although I'm torn on whether 'Manhire' is good or not...

Yajuu- Have you not chosen a position yet or is the lack of one because you plan on being more a loner?

More like I forgot to add 'position' to my CS! T'is edited now; you may call Arthur a Sea Artist! the Lookout!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead