Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albinotanuki

A Little Out of Practice

8 posts in this topic

I realize that all the rp ideas I've been posting haven't been very detail and that's probably why I am not getting any replies from anyone who wants to join. The problem is I've been coming up with setting, but not much with plot. Anyone have any suggestions?

1 person likes this

My suggestion would be to create a character and simply write a short story with them in it; it's good practice and nobody has to see how rusty you are.

If that isn't up your alley, perhaps a private roleplay through PM with a friend, or maybe even joining an already established roleplay if there's room anywhere.

I would develop a character for your setting and post that in the thread. The character might help you come up with a little more detail or it might help other people get a better idea of what you might have in mind. If you don't have anything in mind it might spark some ideas in someone else who likes your character and maybe wants to join on that basis. 

Also 1 suggestion i have is perhaps stating what kind of genre your roleplays are, what outcome you want to achieve. Cuz for a lot of your roleplays we're not really sure what should happen in the story.

Also a lot of people here are into various types of fandoms. You can try hooking them in by saying "this is like a cross between XXX, XXX and XXX" and we'll have a better idea what kind of characters you want us to make in there too.

1 person likes this

Personally I don't join roleplays that have plots that are too open-ended or loose. Having joined ones like that, I know how easily the roleplay loses focus (if it ever even has one to begin with).

If I develop roleplays, especially ones meant for groups, I sit down for a few nights and develop a plot and a setting that the players can work with. I try to have an end objective for every RP as well, to give everyone a goal to strive for within their posts.

I think what would help would be describing a conflict or event that would potentially shape the events of the RP, or describing more about the setting -- all I can glean from the post is that it's likely fantasy and there are princesses from different countries. We don't know what kind of problems said princesses are here to solve, and that runs the real risk of the RPers not knowing where the plot should be headed, which usually ends up being the thing that kills the RP.