Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seanzilla

Sean Games Presents: Empires [Sign up/Discussion Thread]

101 posts in this topic

I'm apparently supposed to announce my choice here?

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Why

Why not

ANYWAY accepting sign ups for 14 more hours (6PM SG time) and then Drafting will begin. HH gets first pick!

Current line-up:

Shadow - Rogue
Wstfgl - Knight
Alisyn - Knight
HerculeHastings - Berserker
Ice - Sorcerer
Noia - Berserker
Ethereal - Druid
TriOctium - Druid
DayDreamer - Rogue
rubberrazors - Archer

Since I don't think anyone else will be joining anyway, just start the Draft whenever you want. The order is as follows:

HH - Picks 1

Alisyn - Picks 2
HH - Pick 2

Alisyn - Picks 2

and HH gets the remaining Hero.

(Because I wanted to be on the same side as wst for once. But if I wasn't Knight, you might have taken him. THE GAME STARTS BEFORE THE DRAFT. Muahahahaha....)

Noia and Anna-banana.

Teams have been locked!

The Green Team: HerculeHastings, DayDreamer, Ethereal, Ice and Shadow

The Purple Team: Alisyn, Wstfgl, TriOctium, rubberrazors and Noia

I will be creating chats shortly. In this chat you can decide on your Stat Point allocations, whether or not to use the reroll, starting / Capital location and begin discussing strategy.

Actually picking both Knights is a pretty great strategy. I'm impressed, Ali. (Y)

Yeah, I originally wanted two for a specific plan, but now I'm rethinking its viability and considering re-rolling, though. D;

But I wanted wst anyways. So. :D

(Because I wanted to be on the same side as wst for once. But if I wasn't Knight, you might have taken him. THE GAME STARTS BEFORE THE DRAFT. Muahahahaha....)

Noia and Anna-banana.

HH is nice enough that she actually would've let you take him if you had said so. All you've done is make people have to assume you're a liar OOC, so good luck with that.

Not sure how I lied? Are you referring to this?

KNIGHT

Why
Obvs to fill your role on my team, wst.
wst's role is Knight. I also chose to be Knight to fulfill the same role. I never claimed that would exclude him from my desired roster. Far from it, actually.

Yeah, I originally wanted two [Knights] for a specific plan

The only way to get two naturally was to be one myself and hope I could snag wst before HH did, as nobody else chose that class.

If I was a Knight and I told her I wanted wst, the only other Knight, you really think she'd just be, "Okay, have him" without any questions?

Not discussing this further, nothing good will come of it. Moving on.

Discussing via PM because my bad. But moving on still.

Ptfff.

Can Seanzi explain what happens in a turn? Do we simply move from point to point? How many actions can we make?

Yea, you simply move from point to point to capture new Fields. Just remember that when you enter a Field that you do not own (neutral or enemy) you can't move any further.

You can use as many powers as you would like.

If you enter a Field that is occupied by a enemy Hero, a monster or a strongholf you two will exchange attacks once

Two more things I needed to clarify: damage buffs apply prior to attacking. So if you buff your attack with 50%, your ATK value gets 50% extra BEFORE deducting DEF.

When fighting in a group (2v2 for example), the defenders get to decide who takes which hit. They wont get to onow the values of the hit though. So for example: DD and Eth are fighting Time and Wst. DD and Eth gets to decide who gets hit by Time and who gets hit by Wst or both.

The game will start on Monday! 48 hours from now!

Reworked the way Ambush works cause it was no longer relevant. 

Made a change to Strongholds: They dont Recover as long as they are under siege. So their REC skill will only come in to play when enemies disengage.

And a change to disengaging. While initially starting the fight can be accidental, when disengaging your enemy will know what direction you moved in and will have the option to follow you.

I did a few more changes to the classes! I had apparently removed that part about Fountain of Flame only doing half M.ATK damage, so I restored that. (Because doing full M.ATK on a level 1, 3 round CD, active is just insane) and I buffed Rogue's Ambush to 50%, cause 25% didn't really do much in comparison to other buffs in the game. Also removed the static debuff on Ambush; it now resets whenever the Rogue spends 1 Round out of combat. 

Also made a change to Archer. I removed the 'no movement' requirement of Aimed Shot, but increased it's CD to 2 to compensate. With all moves taking place simultaneously it would be almost impossible to properly use Aimed Shot.

In the actual game, finding opponents will mostly be guessing, but Ranged characters will be informed at the end of their turn if someone is within reach of their attack. They can then choose to attack or not. 

Starting locations have been locked in! Purple picked C5 and Green picked C4!

For the purposes of the game: Each round has 2 Phases (which happen sorta simultanously, but always in this order): Attack  / Abilities and Moves.

Which means that at the start of the round you all decide on whatever you'd like to use an Ability or not, then the attacks take place. The attacks are the remnants of the last turns move actions or of Ranged attackers striking who ever is in range at the start of the turn.

Effectively you can decide on your abilities and movements simultaneously, but this is just so everyone knows when everything takes place and this also makes it easier for people to coordinate ranged attacks and abilities.

Remember that during the actual game, once you lock in an ability, attack or move you can't change it.

Was worried it might start slow if both parties end up on opposite sides of the map.

GUESS THAT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN